Losing weight is about eating less calories than we burn. Having said that, it is undoubtedly easier to lose weight and keep the weight off by eating a varied diet not to mention healthier for the body.
Here are some tips for cutting calories and maintaining a healthy balanced diet. You’ll notice the tips focus on how you eat just as much as what you should eat.
- Eat smaller portions
- Wait 20 minutes until you take another serving, you might realise you are not hungry anymore
- Eat a lot of vegetables, at least 600 g per day
- Replace some meat meals with a vegetarian option
- Cut down on your sugar and salt intake
- Be physically active for 30 to 60 min a day, it will amongst other help you to control your hunger and cravings
In addition, it is always a good idea to plan your meals. This will help you avoid too many impulse purchases, reduce snacking, as well as help you accomplish your goals to cook and eat healthier. You can meal plan in several ways; you can make a weekly meal plan and stick with it, or you can prepare meals for the freezer. I use both methods. Having meals already prepared reduces the chance of me whipping up something less healthy because it’s easier than cooking a big meal.
You can read more about me and my approach to a healthy lifestyle on my website.